Legal Aid of the Bluegrass welcomes volunteer attorneys who want to donate their time and services to help our low-income clients with their civil legal problems. The Volunteer Lawyer Program is where local lawyers help clients with legal issues like divorces, custody cases, Social Security and SSI disability cases (especially cessation cases), bankruptcies, wills and powers of attorney, eviction, and unemployment as well as attending or supervising various legal events.
Our Pro bono attorneys provide high quality legal services free of cost to our low income clients. We typically assign our pro bono attorneys 2 cases per year unless the pro bono attorney requests more cases or less cases. All pro bono attorneys are covered for our pro bono work under Legal Aid of the Bluegrass’ malpractice policy.
Types of cases include:
- divorce cases
- child custody and visitation cases
- bankruptcy cases
- unemployment cases
- preparing wills, powers of attorney, and living wills
- Social Security and SSI disability cases (especially cessation cases )
- private landlord/tenant eviction cases
- attending and supervising Wills clinics and Pro Se Divorce clinics
If you would like to get involved, please contact:
Pro Bono Coordinator
859-233-4556 ext. 2224