We provide bankruptcy assistance that allows clients and their families to live debt-free lives. We help clients make difficult decisions about their financial status and whether filing bankruptcy is the best option for their situation. Our volunteers assist with Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy petitions.
Scope of work (full representation 6-20 hours on average):
- Following eligibility and receipt of the banktruptcy packet, contact and meet with client.
- Complete all necessary documentation for case.
- File all necessary paperwork
- Maintain client communication
- Attend all court proceedings
- Provide LABG staff with periodic case status updates including when final judgements have been entered and hours spent on case.