We help people obtain a divorce when necessary for the stability or safety of the family. Kentucky had the 6th highest divorce rate in the country in 2019 with 3.4 divorces per 1,000 inhabitants of Kentucky. Divorces can help people and children leave bad, potentially even violent, situations; establish independence; and provide a positive economic impact for the family.
Scope of work (full representation 15 hour minimum):
- Following an eligibility determination, contact and meet with client
- Investigate facts and determine best legal options
- Prepare and file all pleadings and other necessary court paperwork
- Maintain client communication
- Attend all court proceedings
- Assist LABG staff in obtaining all necessary administrative documents
- Provide LABG staff with periodic case status updates, including when final decrees have been entered and time spent on the case.